Dead in broad daylight celebrates its sixth anniversary with a brand new limited time event called Twisted masquerade. Apart from the original new Killer and Survivor, the developers at Behavior Interactive have planned a variety of amazing content for their playerbase during the anniversary celebrations.
The event is going to be in-game for two weeks from June 16 to June 30, featuring tons of content, including new cosmetics, offers, items, decorations, in-game interactions, tome challenges, and more! Anything you acquire during the event will remain in your account forever, acting as an exclusive item.
How to Get All Twisted Masquerade Masks
The highlight of the event is the brand new set of masks for selected survivors and killers. Here are all the steps needed to complete all of the above masks in the game.
- First, you need to enter a Public match as survivor or killer. You cannot obtain masks in custom games or tutorials. When you load up, start searching the map one Invitation. It is a support decorated with several masks and surmounted by a scroll.
- It can appear in the same places as a Pig Trap Boxes, Nemesis Chestsand Freddy Clocks. So these can be easy to spot on realms like Autohaven Wreckers or The MacMillan Estate while they can be excruciatingly difficult on Raccoon City Police Station or Backwater Swamp. On Coldwind Farm, invites can also appear in the middle of the corn.
- Once you find them, all you have to do is walk towards them and press the button interactions button on Killer or Survivor. These can be seen in the Input binding settings, and it also appears when you reach near the invite. Once you acquire the scroll, you will see a glow around you as a survivor or on the left and right sides of your screen as a killer.
- You haven’t acquired the mask yet. The end condition for this is different for survivors and killers and here’s how it works:
- For killers, after acquiring the invite, all you have to do is finish the tests. There are no other requirements. The only way to lose a mask as a killer is if your the game crashes or you log out.
- If you’re playing as a survivor, your job is a bit more difficult. After acquiring the invitation, a survivor must to be alive until every means of escape is opened. This means that you must participate in the trial until a The exit door is opened or the hatch appears. Also, if you get hooked while this is happening and don’t unhook, you still lose your mask.
- If you managed to acquire a mask, he will show you the mask you obtained as soon as you return to the main hall. This will be displayed at the bottom of the screen, and your progress towards all masks in the game will be displayed on its left side.
Behavior Interactive released 12 masks in the Twisted Masquerade event. They chose one survivor and one killer for each year of the game, summing up to 12. For all the masks, see the table below.
|The death thrower|
How to get the new cosmetics and charms
Just like the fifth anniversary, a brand new Exclusive Twisted Masquerade Tome was opened in-game for the duration of the event. The tome features multiple challenges, including exclusive challenges for new killer, The Dredge, and new survivor, Haddie Kaur. As you progress through the tome, you can unlock several exclusive charms and cosmetics for the characters mentioned above.
To access the tome, simply head to the Twisted Masquerade Tab from the bottle on the left of your screen when you are in the main menu then click on Go to event volume. Completing challenges gives you blood points and Rift Fragments which can also be used to advance your Rift!
As you complete certain challenges, you’ll slowly unlock bits of the new Haddie and Dredge cosmetics. Once you reach the end of a page, you’ll get the event-exclusive Charm and a few more Rift Fragments. There are a total of two pages in the event-exclusive tome. Additionally, the new tome features the unique Global Community Challenges. At the top of the screen, you can see several challenges that are meant to be completed by the community together.
New Twisted Masquerade Items & Deals
To celebrate six years since the game’s release, there are brand new in-game offerings called scary flan. It’s a delicious pudding – it’s if you feel like eating fingers and eyeballs. Redeeming this offer in-game will provide a 106% bonus blood points to every player in this trial. The best part about these offers is that they can stack which means that if five offers are used in a game, you can get up to 530% bonus Bloodpoints in a single game. This can be further increased with benefits like Barbecue & Chili and We will live forever.
Moreover, there is also new flashlights, Med Kitsand Tool boxes for the survivors. Frightful Flans can be acquired in Bloodwebs for Survivor and Killer. You can easily get up to three offers on average from a Bloodweb. Additionally, the items mentioned above can be found by survivors in their blood webs, and they can also be looted from chests during any trial. However, perks like Pharmacy or Residual Manifest not provide event items.
Spooky blanks are best used during the event due to the high stackability with other offers. Additionally, when using the Flan, auras from invitations are revealed to you when you are within an eight meter radius.
New Boutique Cosmetics And Sales
There wouldn’t be a birthday celebration without new cosmetics and sales, right? Thus, Dead By Daylight announced massive sales. First, every character released in the game prior to The Sadako Rising DLC will have a 50% off on their purchase of Auric Cells. Other than that, every outfit in the shop released before June 7, 2022 will be on a 30 percent off.
Additionally, a new Kate Denson and Dwight Fairfield cosmetic has been announced for release on July 4, 2022. The base game will also go on sale on various platforms, including Steam, Stadia, Switch, Xbox, Windows, and Playstation, all during the month of June.
In-game decorations and daily login rewards
The Dead By Daylight set is adorned with multiple decorations from the Lobby. There’s a bunch of balloons, fireworks, and decorations involved. In a trial, there are new decorated patterns for exit doors, barrels, lockers, generators, and hooks. Completing an event The generator offers you extra blood points as a survivor, and hooking a survivor to an event hook gives you extra blood points as a killer.
Additionally, taking an invite also provides extra Bloodpoints and you get even more if you successfully unlock the mask. Finally, there is an addition bonus for connecting to the game every day throughout the event. For the first login from June 16 to June 30, players will receive 600,000 blood points and there are different login rewards for the rest of the day, including Bloodpoints, Iridescent Shards, and Rift Fragments.
NEXT: Dead By Daylight: How To Play As A Dredge